I hope you are having a great summer vacation! Here are a few videos with exercises for you to practice as well as a new left hand part for Parade of the Ewoks that you can learn!
1) C Scale Review and Practice for the Right Hand!
Watch this video with your keyboard out and play along!
Be careful to use the correct right hand fingers for the C Scale: 123 1234 123 12345 > 54321 321 4321 321.
2) C Scale Practice for the Left Hand!
Play along with this video to practice the C Scale with your left hand! Remember to use this finger pattern: 54321 321 4321 321 > 123 1234 123 12345.
3) Chord Review and Practice!
This year we started to learn how to play chords with the left hand! In Happy Birthday you use the C Chord, F Chord, and G Chord, and in Yellow Submarine you use the F Chord, C Chord as well as the B Flat Chord. Follow along with this video and practice using your left hand to play all of the 3-note chords in the key of C: The C Chord, D Chord, E Chord, F Chord, G Chord, A Chord, and B Chord. Make sure to practice using your pinky, middle finger, and thumb when playing this exercise!
4) New Left Hand Part for Parade of the Ewoks!
Play along with this video to learn the left hand part to Parade of the Ewoks! Once you are comfortable playing both hands together we can work on the next part of the song!
1) Use videos 1 and 2 to practice the C Scale with your right and left hands. Practice the right hand first, and then the left hand, and don't forget to use correct fingering!
2) Use video 3 to practice your three note chords! Play each chord with your pinky, middle finger, and thumb, and practice playing in time with the video recording!
3) Use Video 4 to practice Parade of the Ewoks with left and right hands.
4) Use an I-Pad or I-Phone to record a video of what you have practiced, and email me this video by Tuesday July 12th.
The video should include:
1) Demonstration of the C Scale up and down as shown in the lesson. Play with your right hand first and then your left hand, using correct fingering.
2) The chord exercise for left hand from video 3. Play each chord in order, as shown in the video, using pinky, middle, finger, and thumb.
3) Parade of the Ewoks with left and right hands played together!
4) Happy Birthday!
Let me know if you have any questions and have fun!